Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Subaru story.

I was turning left into my subdivision from a busy street.

No cars coming, I was taking it nice and slow since the roads were a snowy mess.

I was in the car with Tyler and his cousin Isaac, headed to our house to shovel the walks so Darren wouldn't have too. (I had been at my parents all day having fun with family)

The car started to slide and I got nervous and pushed on the brakes. It obviously kept sliding and so I slammed on the brakes harder. I should have let of the brakes but was just so worried about slamming into the pile of rocks right in front of my car.

Well, I hit the pile of rocks that were piled like a ramp on these peoples lawn. I am sure they put the rocks there because I bet this same thing happens many times and if the rocks hadn't been piled there I would been way up on their lawn, which was very close to their house.

I got out - had to jump down out of my car since my front wheels were now dangling off the front of the rocks.

Kids were fine, I had a bit of a sore neck and back from being tense but we were going so slow we were all fine.

Getting towed off the pile of rocks and getting on top of the rocks in the first place did a big number to my front bumper and the underside of my car.

so I am car-less and just fine!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad you are fine! I swear, driving in the snow is the worst!

Whitney B. Balls said...

Oh no. Scary. Glad you are all okay.

Charlotte G said...

Sorry to hear it but I'm glad everyone is fine. Charlotte