Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The best date ever!


We haven't taken many pictures lately but I wanted to highlight some of our late events:

- New Years with people from Massachusetts, Colorado, and Idaho. Great to have friends together. A few days of food, fun, sledding and crazy kids!

- Skiing a nice day of some powder with Darren and Ang!

- Taking Tyler skiing and make it down 2 runs in an hour and a half!

- Ella waking herself up slowly singing twinkle twinkle

- Signing up for a half marathon on April 17th with Nettie- anyone is invited to run with us!

- Ella just walking into nursery today- no crying, no sadness, just happy as could be.

- Seeing a friend, Tawnie, who I have know for 22 years- That is old!

- and our amazing date yesterday

Details:
- rented cross country skis from REI for 8$ each,
- drove to top of Millcreek Canyon with two other couples and 2 dogs
- Skied almost 9 miles total to the upper parking lot
- Ate delicious cold Chipolte burrito at the top! (Thanks Dale and Marlene)
- then whizzed down in top speed to relieve my dad from babysitting
Thanks Dad for a great birthday present! My dad watched our kids for almost 6 hours! (and Ella didn't/wouldn't take a nap) There are many amazing gifts in the world but I sure think spending time is my favorite, whether it be hanging out, or a project together. I appreciate him sacrificing his Saturday to spend with his Grandkids!



4 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds awesome! You have the best dad ever. Ashton has been better about going into nursery too lately. It is so nice when there is no screaming and crying.

Lindsay said...

Super fun sounding date! I don't think Dave and I will be going on one like that any time soon...we are just happy if we get a date to go grocery shopping. :)

Corie said...

It's nice to write down reminders of the little things of life. I can imagine cute little Ella singing herself awake. :) And it's great that you guys are getting outdoors and enjoying the snow! I'd love to see a video of Tyler skiing sometime. Let us know when it's our turn to babysit!

The Crofts family said...

It fun to see some of your family, it's been a long time since I've seen most of them. Your Mom and Dad never age they even look younger than I remember them from back in the day.