Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just sitting here eating crusty white chocolate chip pecan bread!

This has been such a great day I want to document it so that when I have those days when I feel like I should get an award for how quickly I can clean up another spilled drink, or an award for changing a diaper really well... then I can remember how great today felt.

I woke up at 7:00. Thought I better start the day off right. Read my scriptures while lying in bed. Prayed for patience to be a good mom today and then got out of bed.

Ella had a play date in the morning and Tyler was at school. Two hours to myself!

I went running but only went two miles because that is all I wanted to do, so why push myself to do more!

Then after a huge debate in my head and no help from my sister, stopped at Little Ceasers to get an order of crazy bread all to my self. Yes I did just run but man, not having kids in the car and eating a whole order of buttery cheesy crazy bread sounded so good. BUT... it was 10:15 AM - They open at 11! I was actually grateful they were still closed!

Then some friends had lunch for me at my house. My house is great for lots of kids and a big open kitchen. I love it. Food always tastes wonderful when you dont have to cook it!

Ella and Tyler loved all the friends. Ella found dessert and just sat looking and looking at it.
We had a little talk about waiting to eat dessert but...
I turned to help Tyler and came back to see this!
Thanks friends, Lunch and cupcakes was great!
Then out of the blue, Darren has flowers delivered to the house for me. What a treat!

Another friend had a tea party at her house. We had munchies to eat and tea and cocoa to drink. More fun with friends and kids.
We came home to Ella saying Hungry Hungry! My favorite words from her!

My mom called and asked if they could come over. Sure thing! She brought a cake with candles!
Thanks family for stopping in- It was a great way to end the day. I thought many times today how a Birth-day should celebrate my mother. She is the one who gave birth to me and stayed home with me every day! Thanks Mom (and Dad) for allowing me to celebrate this Birth-day with you!
Then to finish the day, we talked to Darren on the computer. It would have been perfect if he was here for this momentous 30th Birthday of mine. But work is work. And really, he sent me flowers- I LOVE YOU! We will see you tomorrow!

11 comments:

Corie said...

Happy happy birthday, Amy! I feel horrible - I've had your birthday card ready to be mailed since Tuesday, but didn't get it in the mail. Oh, I'm a bad sister-in-law. But I'll put it in tomorrow, so you can have a little extra birthday wish on Saturday. :) I'm SO glad you had a fun day of celebrations and people wishing you a happy day. You deserve it! So many people love you and care about you, because you love & care about them. You're the best. (And may I say that you look very cute & stylish in these pictures... you're a hottie!) Happy birthday from us. We love you!

soybeanlover said...

Sounds like a splendid way to turn 30! Hope you get a lot more like it. Happy birthday Amy!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday. Loved all the photos. You deserve a great day so glad to see you did. The big 30! The roaring 20's just flew by. May the next decade be as enjoyable.

Joni said...

Happy Birthday! I knew I was forgetting something yesterday. Well, I love you and I am so glad that your birthday was nice.

J, K, L, and D said...

Amy,
You are so beautiful. I mean it. I am digging your luxurious long hair. :)

And your family is so beautiful too. I couldn't stop laughing at Ella & the cupcake pictures. She is too sweet.

Happy, happy 30th! I'll join you next year - and am terrified all the way. ;)

Please tell your sweet parents & siblings I say hi. And hi from my parents do. They often wonder how you guys are...

Tina said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a way fun day. I love days like that!

Ang said...

Happy 30th! I'm glad it was an awesome day and that you (almost) got to eat a lot of your favorite things.

Lindsay said...

Fun, fun, fun! You deserve it! I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday...turning 30 is a big deal. I will be there in just a few months. :)
You look great...and I have that same shirt!

k8theriver said...

happy birthday amy! you are an amazing mother/wife/homemaker/baker/trip-planner-taker/money-saver/friend.
i wish i could be more like you.

The Crofts family said...

Amy is now 30! I hope you had a good day. I haven't seen your parents for a long time and they look the same. They don't age I swear. We will be up for Christmas so we should plan on getting together sometime, I would really like to see you guys.

Clark Family said...

I miss family! I'm glad you enjoyed spending time with mom, dad and renee-- it really is a blessing to live close together! love you lots and I wish you a great decade ahead!