Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Peace in a new home

The last post of 2014.  Finally caught up.  So happy.  I am excited to print off these pictures and have them published into a book.  

This year finished in such a good way.  We live in a place where I feel so much peace every day of my life.   I love my home and the mountains right next to me.  I love the quite around my house.  No cars or traffic.  

This neighborhood has been amazing at fun social events.  Its kind of silly to post food pictures but I love it!  Once a month two moms my age host a Taste and Talk group.  They plan out a fun menu and teach us how to make things.  We eat some amazing things.   The Fall and Summer were magical, sitting out in their backyard with lights above.  And stars out.  visiting and talking were amazing.  It helped me get to know so many people.  


 This neighborhood also does a walk about every first Sunday of the month.  There are a few host families who have treats and chairs out. Then everyone just walks around visiting.  They had a huge fall festival in a backyard with games and a bonfire.  They have a Halloween Milk and Bread social.  One family does a donut party.  They have a huge bonfire in the street circle.  You come eat donuts and cocoa and bring food and/or gifts for those in need at Christmas time.  There are so many activities that have made us feel so welcome in this new place.  We are so grateful!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think you should describe what those foods are. they look really good.