Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Part 1

We had a few fun activities to fill our pre Christmas time.  My parents went up to their cabin and brought us down a tree.  (I was so sick we didn't make it up, but they brought us down a tree)  Darren went all out and decorated two trees.  Hanging lights on a 12 foot tree was a new experience.  

Tyler and Ella both sang in their school choir. My friend Sarah Snowder directed it and did an AMAZING job.  Ell is in green in the front row and Tyler is on the second row on the left corner.  Tyler played a song prior to the performance starting.  Believe. From the Polar Express.  He also had a solo part to sing.  He loves music.  Ella loved being one of the few 1st graders in the choir.  We had all the Grandparents there to cheer them on.  

We had an amazing ward Christmas party.  I have been so impressed with this ward.  Nothing is too over the top. But they do some fun simple events 7-8 times a year.  Traditions that go on every year.  Everyone helps so there aren't those 10 families who do it all.  
Our fantastic neighbors made gingerbread houses for my kids.  Then she invited them over to decorate the houses. They came back fully loaded and Abby loved to eat off them all day long.  They brought over Christmas presents for the kids.  Abby was so excited to get down on the ground and open it.


My dear old neighbor Tom would give us an amaryllis every year.  I went to visit him this year and he gave me another one.  The flower was bigger than my whole hand outstretched.  And there were 3 blossoms on it.  Love it.  The kids helped  me plug in lights every night.  Its so magical.   And we even hit the slopes a few times.  The reward of having kids old enough to finally ski where ever I want to go is amazing.  

We spent our break slowing down and enjoying. One morning the kids all climbed in bed with me and we just cuddled up.  But there were other times we had things to do and places to go.  The Balls family all came to our house for Christmas.  I told the kids we needed to set the table and Abby jumped right in setting bowls on the table.  Nolan and Corie came for lunch and we loved it.  We opened some gifts.  We played with cousins. And enjoyed the company.









Then we headed over to my parents house for a live Nativity. Darren and I got to be Mary and Joseph this year.  Abby was the angel who kept stealing our Baby Jesus.  She just wanted to give him loves and hold him.  We sat around and sang songs and played my dads famous white elephant game.  I love love loved seeing my mom grab Abby and start dancing around the room.  I remember my Grandma Hatch doing that all the time with us.







Christmas Day we low key and relaxing.  We got to sleep in until 7:00.  We opened presents.  (Ella is wearing the pjs my Grandpa Harston brought me from China when I was her age)  My parents and Rachel and Rob came over for a little bit.  We went and saw a movie with everyone.  We ate good food and enjoyed the day.  






No comments: