Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, December 8, 2014

Anheim and Santa Clara

After leaving southern California we headed up to Anaheim for two nights.  My Aunt and Uncle live there. They had a huge meal prepared for us on Sunday and three rooms for us to use!  It was heavenly.  Aunt Patty said she wanted to keep Abby home with her the next day.  (I was going to stay home with her because I was worn out, and a day at Disney with a toddler seemed like death!).  But Aunt Patty took her.  We had a great day.  I enjoyed myself so much.  I remembered all day long how nice it was to not have a busy little toddler to take care off.  

Tyler got to be a Jedi.  He fought Darth Vader on stage.  He had to buy a great light saber after that.  

We did some fun rides.  My stomach was turning in circles after the second ride.  But I loved seeing Toontown.  I have my picture with my sisters at this same spot 20 years ago.  And I loved Tarzans Tree house.  Which use to be the Swiss Family Robinsons place.  I still love the idea of living in a tree!  Disneyland was covered in lights and (fake) snow.  It was magical.

The kids both loved this ride.  Driving their cars around.


After Anaheim we headed to Santa Clara.  Darren had to go to a conference for two days.  So we went to a great Childrens museum one day.  (Abby got her shirt totally soaked)  and we explored for several hours.




The next day we went to a park and played and went to the intel museum because its sounded cool.  Pretty high over our heads but still cool.  We spent sometime in our hotel room, watching movies and playing games and taking naps.  I loved all of it but Abby not sleeping at night.  One night at 4 after battling with her for over an hour... I finally went out to the car and slept with her.  She slept great until 7.  But something about cribs and seeing us in the bed next to her makes her want to not sleep!  It was so bad by the end of the trip we opted to just drive home straight the 14 hours.  we arrived home at 5:30 AM and all went to be for a few hours.  Why pay for a hotel when we knew Abby would keep us awake anyway.

This vacation was amazing.  Something about peace, love and the beach.  We didn't argue or fight.  we just all relaxed and it was great.  We needed time with our Daddy.  Time to just play and run around and have fun.



No comments: