Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, January 9, 2011

What have we been up to?

We have been having a busy time lately. Here are a few things we have been up too.

Last Christmas Pat and Seth gave us all of Darren's photos from his childhood/teenage years. This included newspaper clippings, papers he had written, etc... I waited a year but finally got started (and finished) on this project. I have the first 25 years of Darrens life all wrapped up in a nice 3 ring binder!

This was really nice when Darren asked me the other day to find a picture of him when he was two so they could play the "Guess who this is game" at his work.

I picked this picture and scanned it to him. When he came home that night he said everyone at work was teasing him about putting Tyler on a bike with a vintage car in the back ground... Where was his (Darren's baby picture) not Tyler's!?

We got to hang out at Kyle and Ang's new house. Kyle turned 34 and Ang throw him a surprise party. It was a great time. Tyler played some nintendo for the second time in his life. He played for a VERY long time, driving some dirt car around in a desert. He was so happy! (You might notice from this picture he is trying to turn the car left; therefore he had to turn his body to the left! He is just like me when I get/am coerced to play.)

We have been trying to get some good things done each day. A few of the things we try to do... but NOT every day are: Rosetta Stone (learning Spanish), piano playing, Toby for a walk, preschool, and read a few books. I am by no means a super mom, but how do you choose between all these good things. A few every day. That is all I can do.
Ella wants to do everything Tyler is doing. This includes reading books to mom and Tyler every day. This also includes trying to ski the bumps and jumps with Tyler. (This doesn't go over very well yet) and this also includes mom sitting with Ella to help her "practice" her piano. Ella's new love is puzzles though. She does several a day.
I love being a mom. I have two great kids! Also a super great husband!

4 comments:

Corie said...

What a great post to remember everything in your life right now. You do so many wonderful things for your family, Amy. You are amazing!

k8theriver said...

you kind of are a supermom.

The Crofts family said...

You are supermom! Your kids are going to grow up being geneses with all the education you expose them to.

Whitney B. Balls said...

You are awesome for doing that project with the pictures I have been a major slacker with that. I always have fun thinking about what is going on at your house for preschool when I am working with Jack. I think teaching Spanish and piano to Tyler while he is young is the coolest thing something I would like to do. We will have to talk!