Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ella = no more naps

We changed Ella's crib to a big girl bed several weeks ago. I tried (it was a bit of a battle) to get her to keep taking naps. But why would she stay in a bed if she now had access to all her princess cloths in her closet. I have since given up but we still do a quite time for 30 minutes occasionally so we can all have some time to our selves.

Without a nap, Ella has a hard time going for walks in the afternoon. She doesn't like to ride her bike much anymore. She is just to tired. Instead she opts for a cozy ride in the double wide stroller. This is how the ride usually finishes....


I want to remember a few things Ella says- I have been writing them down.

The other day she told me after I had done something good ..."I'm so proud of you mommy"

She loves to dress up in her princess clothes. She told me ..."I'm a princess and I'm going to ZAPP you!" Then she continued on with the story telling me... (cousin) Jonah and I are going to fight the dragon because the dragon is going to eat up (Uncle) Nolan and (Aunt) Corie and Jonah and I will have to fight the dragon and kill it and then get Nolan and Corie free. .... The story continued with she and cousin Jonah's brave fight with the dragon.

She told me the other day... "Your a nice beautiful mommy"

I have been trying to teach her about tithing. Paying a 10% of your earnings to the Lord. She told me the other day..."I need my money." So I handed her the bank with all HER money in it. She yelled out with agitation in her voice... "I need Heavenly Fathers money too!"

In church on Sunday during the 1:10 minute Sacrament Meeting. She said...."I'm good, I'm reverent. Can I have some gum?"

We love her!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Tell Ella thanks for saving us from the dragons! What a cute girl and what a fun imagination. I love the "can I have some gum" comment... kids are so clever and manipulative. :) Great posts! We love reading what your family is up to!

Lindsay said...

Cute Ella!!