Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A dream come true

My goal this winter is to take my kids skiing once a week. So far, we have made it every week! We only go up for an hour and a half to the free skiing at Alta. They open two lifts (that have a little of everything on them- green, blue, and black runs). Yesterday was warm in the valley but VERY windy up in the mnts. It wasn't too bad when we arrive, but by the end.... It was cold. The kids have helmets on, face masks on, and scarfs rapped around their mouths.

This is Ella going under the rope. She loves this game.
The reason I post these terrible gray pictures is because I want to remember forever that it isn't easy getting two kids up on the mnt alone. It isn't easy to always stay patient as I get two kids bundled up in layers. It isn't easy to keep them motivated to stay sometimes. (I have one whole pocket full of treats so that on every lift ride up we can have snacks.)

But...
Then you have moments like this.
Ella putting her hands behind her back crouching down to go fast like her brother.
And this was the last run down. Tyler in the background, Ella in front. Both just skiing down the mnt. There are four good sized hills on this mnt and Ella can do them all. I credit it to Tyler being the best brother ever. He would go slow and Ella would follow him down the mnt turning whenever he turned. This way she didn't look down the mnt and see the big steep hills, just her great brother below her.
This is when I remember, skiing is great. It might take some work.
If I want things to happen, make it happen!
Anyone is welcome to come with us- any time!

4 comments:

The Crofts family said...

How fun for the kids. They will always have those memories remembering how cold they were and how much fun they had with there Mom.

pat balls said...

Thanks Tyler for taking such good care of your sister.

Anonymous said...

The last time I went skiing was with Seth. It was a horrible, cold, windy, day, but we had fun. I'll bet Tyler and Ella could outski me after so many years. Maybe I could do okay if Tyler and Ella were the leaders and showed me how.

k8theriver said...

ella is only two, right?
she's amazing. and so are you for all the effort. i need some skis so i can take my kids.