Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, May 3, 2010

Family time

I got to see two of my sisters this weekend.
They drove down from Washington to be here for my Grandma Hatch's funeral.

My Grandma had Alzheimer's for 5 years and even more so,
was without my Grandpa for 11 years.

The Hatch family is a massive bunch. It was so awesome to be together for the weekend. The grandchildren and great grandchildren (and all spouses) sang two songs up in the choir seats during the funeral services. We filled up the whole area.

It is pretty neat to think from two people- there are so many.

I am so glad my Grandma gets to be with her husband/Grandpa again. I hope I wont have to be with out Darren for that long. It was also nice to know her suffering is done.

I reflected a lot on loosing a mother. I am grateful my mother is doing everything in her power to stay here for a long long time. I need her and her Grandchildren need her.

Loosing a parent is not something I hope to experience.
We got in some good cousin time too. And eager for more.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. I find your comment about not wanting to be without Darren that long, interesting.

pat balls said...

I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but I have missed half of my family already and I often mention to Seth that when the time comes I want ALL of us to go at the same time. As if I have anything to say about it.

Clark Family said...

Yup. love you Amy