Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bran Muffins

I love this recipe and want to keep it here on my blog-

As for the Bran Muffins- I love this recipe because you can put it in a container and it stays good for 4-5 weeks in your fridge-

In a large bowl mix
2 Cup boiling water
1 qt buttermilk- I make these all the time now, so I have dry buttermilk powder I just have to add water to-
5 tsp baking soda
Let sit for a few minutes while you get the other stuff out---then add
1 cup oil or I substitute and use almost all applesauce and just a little oil (vegetable or olive)
1 tbs salt
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
then you add
2 cups bran flakes
4 cups all bran
5 cups flour- I use half wheat

When you bake it add in some fruit if you like that but just to the ones you are baking that day- like blueberries, raison, cut up peaches and just put them in the center of the muffin tin after you put in the muffin mix.

I like to let the mix sit for a few hours so the cereal will dissolve and the texture is all smooth

bake in greased tins 350 for 18

So like I said, the recipe stays good for a while- I guess you could half the recipe if you wanted too. I just do the whole thing and then I freeze some so I use the mix in the 4- 5 weeks then I have some in my freezer-

also, you can substitute other cereal- like corn flakes, raisin bran- but I like the fiber and the healthy so I usually wait for All Bran to go on sale and buy it then.

3 comments:

Corie said...

I LOVE this recipe of yours, Amy. Maybe I can get a minute here or there to mix up a batch... it'd be a healthy snack for us all. Thanks for sharing!

Renee Beus said...

Wow what is Corrie doing posting let alone thinking about cooking?! That's amazing for just barely having a baby! So I'll have to make these to use that weird applesauce thanks for posting it.

Unknown said...

one of my favorites also. i just made them last weekend :)