Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

4 lbs of Jelly Bellys

What would you do with 4 pounds of Jelly Bellys?

My sister left these with us. She bought them at Costco, so you know it is a big container.

Well I started encouraging Ella to sit on the potty. Really, she needed to eat them or I would. It only took about 5 days of this to see she was feeling quite done with diapers.

I dont want to bore you with details. I wont even entertain you with the galloons of I have cleaned up off our bathroom tile (that girl is a bit stubborn and can hold it in for a long time until she is ready to go!) I wont even tell you how I had to wash the bedspread, the fitted sheet and the regular sheet on both bunk beds the other day due to a stinky mess smeared all over all 6 items!

I will just conclude with- after one very long week - my daughter said to me 2 times this morning, I have to go to the potty mom! Then ran up stairs saying ...self, self... meaning - I can do this myself!

Who knew a 26 month old little girl can stay dry through naps, and after sleeping 11-12 hours a night!? Not me!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment!!!

Unknown said...

wow, good job. not a bad use of jelly bellys! smart little girl and very patient mom :)

Whitney B. Balls said...

Ella is a champ. But it is a team effort so congrats to both!

Lindsay said...

Nice! Way to go Ella!

Kendra said...

Sounds like it's time for another baby... hah! Congrats. My almost 4 year old still has issues holding it in...