Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have a little problem

The day after Easter I went to the grocery store. I only planned on buying 2 bags of robin eggs. They are my favorite candy of all the seasons. I mean I can eat a snickers or a bag of cheetos any day but if I had to pick a holiday, Robin Eggs at Easter would be my pick.

Well- They were selling them for 99 cents for a one bag. Any guesses... How many bags did I buy? Well I ate the first two bags pretty much by myself in less than a week. Then I gave the other three bags to Darren to hide. I couldn't do it. I tried to put them up high, far back in a cupboard, put them in a bag and tie a double knot... None of these worked.

So he hid them. 3 bags of them. I asked for them every day. I knew they were in my house. I just needed a couple. We agreed after my half marathon we could celebrate with one bag. That bag lasted less than 24 hours.

Here is the bad part. Well... Darren has been working a lot. And I needed some sugar. So I decided to look for them. DARREN STOP READING!!!!! Logically, they wouldn't be any where I would interact with on a day to day house stuff.... So they had to be somewhere where only he would look. FIRST PLACE I LOOKED---I found them :( Crap!



They are gone now. I loved every single egg. I didnt' share one. I can't keep secrets from Darren. And this one was kept for 3 days. He sent me this quote today. He didn't know I was eating them as I read it. It made me feel guilty. And no one mention the fat content of two bags in 3 days. I dont care. They were really really good.

"Greatness isn't just one step beyond mediocrity; it transcends mediocrity, and it does so by taking one step beyond, then another step beyond, then another step beyond--hundreds of thousands of tiny steps until the distance can neither be measured nor even fathomed. The only way to get there is to go farther, harder, longer than almost everyone else, to push well past the point of logic or reason. If it looked easy or even attainable to most, then many more would get there.

In consumer culture, we are constantly conditioned to gratify our impulses immediately: buy, eat, watch, click --now. High achievers transcend these impulses.

I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO~~~

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

You sound like me with Reeses PB cups. I am addicted to those. And during Easter they make the extra big Egg shaped ones with all that extra peanut butter. I just can't have them in the house.
You are funny, Amy. :)

Joni said...

Ha ha! Amy I just love you.

J. Doug said...

love it. and the quote is by David Shank. loved the book.

Tina said...

I made brownies a couple days ago and ate half the pan in one sitting. I have no self control when it comes to food.

amelia and crew said...

That is SUPER funny. We're all the same one way or another.

Kendra said...

Hah! My favorite holiday treat too. I love to eat each one a different way too. With some I carefully eat away all the chocolate and then crunch down the yummy inside. Or I suck out the malted inside first by taking a tiny bite from the top.
Can you tell I have indulged myself?

Sarah and Jeremie said...

Jeremie just said that "hey that sounds like you, Sarah" (except I binge on carrots) - (Yeah, right! - says Jeremie)