Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Darren had to go to Vegas for two days so we went with him. I saw many old friends on this trip which is always nice. It is great to travel somewhere- anywhere around the world or just around here.... and be able to call up people and re-visit.
This is the Bellagio- always impressive. It makes me eager for spring.
After two days in Vegas we headed over to St George. We played around in Snow Canyon most of the day on Saturday.

We were all pretty tired after three days of sleeping in the same room. Sleeping in the same room means we all go to sleep at the same time and get up at the same time. And it means mom gets up a half dozen times to try to get Ella to go back to bed without waking up Tyler and Darren who are in the same room. I am grateful she doesn't wake up that many times at home.
Ella got her naps in when she could. I have always been very ...stressed... over making sure my kids get naps and stay on my/their "schedule". This vacation, I tried to let go and not be so stressed about it.

Today is Sunday. We are home. She has already been napping for almost 4 hours. She was exhausted. Beyond exhausted.

5 comments:

Corie said...

Fun, fun! And wait... did Ella get a haircut?! She sure looks cute in her spring clothes in that top picture.

Lindsay said...

So glad you came! And it looks like St. George was fun too!

Richie and Sandy said...

How fun you guys! We still want you guys to come over one night? When are you available?

Kendra said...

I bet you were all exhausted after that kind of trip. Looks fun. I can't wait to see more sun and warm weather around here.

Clark Family said...

exhausted but really adorable...! I love her hair and I love the spring clothes... yea for Vegas/St. George weather! Tyler is so handsome too in his church shirt at mom's party!