Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, April 5, 2010

Our fun weekend

I have searched almost every furniture store in the valley. First for a kitchen table ... finally found that. Then for a sofa/sectional for the kitchen... finally found that. Then to find couches for the front room... couldn't find those! I actually had about given up on Thursday. As I walked out of the four furniture store that day (with two kids in tow) I said a bit of a prayer. I needed help to get my house in order. It has been almost 3 months since we started working on this project and you can only live in an half way house for so long.

My mom called me Friday morning and said she had happened into a furniture store and just saw these couches (below) and thought I should come in to see them. The sales man dropped the price a lot. I loved them!

Saturday Darren picked up 4 couches- 2 on the west side and 2 downtown. We still have accents and pillows to add but we have somewhere to sit/lay/relax.
Our kitchen table with a bench- I love it too!
So while listening to conference Darren and I (and kids) painted our bedroom. No more sea mist green. But a nice soothing tan/brown. So today I have to touch up all the white trim.
I think you can live in a home for a long time but it takes some time to figure out what you like and make it feel like your own! I love my house! Thanks Darren for putting up with me!

7 comments:

Corie said...

Wow, everything looks so beautiful! Your patience paid off. I am so impressed by the work you've done on your home. From top to bottom... seriously, it looks great. Good job! Can't wait to see everything in person this weekend!

pat balls said...

looking good

Sarah and Jeremie said...

Looks Great! Love the couches and your bedroom walls. Hmmm, that color looks familiar.

Whitney B. Balls said...

I totally know what you mean about the house not feeling comfortable half done. It all looks so great. I love the floors what a pretty color they turned out to be!

The Morgans said...

It looks fabulous. I had a few questions about Tamra's wedding/family reunion. I think we (the kids and I) are going to try and stay a bit longer. Do you think there would be anybody that we could hang out with? ;)

Lindsay said...

Your furniture looks awesome! Having a house come together is the best feeling. :)

Clark Family said...

NICE!!!! The table is my favorite!