Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, March 8, 2010

We are grateful for eyes

Today we had some friends over. The little boys were digging in the dirt with shovels. Tyler was standing too close leaning over one boys back, and when the little boys shovel came up... it scratched right down Tyler's eyeball. The shovel was filled with dirt, so my initial reaction was get the dirt out, I noticed the spot right where the shovel had hit his eye but that was all.

My friend looked at Tyler's eye and noticed more.

The shovel had scratched away part of the clear coat on top of the colored part of his eye. Our optometrist wasn't in today, family emergency, the optometrist down the street from them had just relocated, but my pediatrician would squeeze us into his packed day.

He said it was the worst abrasion he had seen on an eye. even showing me it (they put a stain in his eye and used a florescent light to see the scratch). It was big, ugly, and still had dirt under the eye flap. About the size of the top of my pinky in length and width.

So we got some medicine, some tylenol and some love and hopefully things will improve. Today but more so tonight-- was pretty rough!

8 comments:

soybeanlover said...

Poor kid, hope the eye gets better soon. Does he have to go back and get it cleaned out or anything?

Tina said...

Oh that is so scary, and probably really painful. Poor little guy. Did the doctor say is should heal up okay? The worst part of being a mom is when your kids are hurting. Keep us updated.

Corie said...

Oh no! Poor Tyler. I hope that he is feeling okay and heals quickly.

Whitney B. Balls said...

Oh eye pain in THE worst. Sending healing thoughts your way!

Renee Beus said...

Amy I can't believe you didn't say anything last night when you called to check up on me- that is pretty selfless to think of me after such a crazy day. Thanks for being so great and I really hope tylers eye heals quick.

.::still blinking::. said...

I hope he is ok.

Rachel said...

oh that sounds painful. i hope he will get better soon. sorry!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh no! That sounds awful...poor Tyler. Keep us posted on how it heals!