Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer fun

This summer was rainy.  I think back to many cancelled hikes.  Several good thunderstorms.  Playing in the rain.  Even races around the house to see who was the fastest runner in the rain.  
We pitted some cherries.  I wish we had more times so we could have bottled them. We love bottled cherries.  We have had a few tomatoes.  And Tyler and Ella picked a handful of green peppers for me the other day.  We had to talk about green peppers after that.  

My friends Andy and Shawn had an addition to their family.  Lots of love when I look at this photo.  I climbed mountains with Andy and I adore his wife Shawn.  Talk about a strong woman!
We took a tour of the Ogden Temple before its dedication.  My children have been very lucky to go in the Oquirrh Mountain temple, the Darper Temple, the Brigham city Temple and now the Ogden.  We will go to the Payson temple soon.  Very neat that anyone in the whole world can go in the temple before its dedicated.  Beautiful.   

And I think at some points in my life I look back and realize I am getting older.  This was one of those moments.  Great friends.  From our Grant Thornton days.  The Lewis, Hardys and Gagons.  But we have been doing dinners for 7 years now.  This was our first group photo.  Good friends.  People you can see once or twice a year and just visit with.  
We did fit in a few fun slow, relaxing times.  FHE is amazing because it always helps us slow down and play together.  
We have loved our little "Day Family Compound" we live on.  Journey girl had a birthday and Ella loved it.  I imagine these two running around a lot together over the years.  


No comments: