Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, August 22, 2014

Hikes with Julie

This is our 6 year hiking.  Julie, my cousin, and I have been going for 6 summers.  Thats pretty good. We did some trails this year that we have never done too.  There are just so many trails.  One day I hope to look at those canyons and say I have started all the hikes.  but It will be a while until we say we have finished all the hikes.  Some are awfully long.  

This was a hike up Bell Canyon.  We almost made it to the first waterfall.  Next year.... Next year....
This hike was Mill D North Fork to Dog Lake in Millcreek.  We didn't make it to Dog Lake but we made it 4 miles.  Chad and his 2 younger kids joined us.  He needed some extra calorie burn so he carried out Julie's 30 lb kid.  After the hike we played in the water and ate snow cones.  





We did a great hike to Red Pine Lake.  We didn't make it to the lake but we did 5 miles.  It was STEEP!!!!  Abby just thinks she is so big all the time.  
Our last hike got rained out 3 weeks  in a row.  But we got up to Lake Catherine the last possible week even though it was cold and half the kids were wearing Candaces maternity clothes that she had in her car.  Lake Catherine is one of those special places in Utah for me.  It is so peaceful and calm there.  Amazing.  We did do several other hikes but no pictures.  So I have my list of hikes ready for 2015!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

how I wish I could go on these hikes with you. I love love that you do these with your cousin and friends. so invaluable for your children to learn to love the outdoors and learn what they are capable of accomplishing!