Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Time never stops- weening my baby....

This little girl is growing up so fast.  I don't notice Tyler and Ella growing so fast, until I stop and think about how it is flying by with Abby.  

This has been a great week.  I haven't been ready for this week to come for a while, but The Lord helped me prepare.  I got pretty sick last weekend.  I knew taking medicine would decrease my milk supply but I also knew I wasn't able to take care of my family.  I woke up to feed Abby on Sunday night at about midnight (because she wasn't getting enough milk in the day time).  I sat in her room in the rocking chair Darren refinished for me when we were first married... and looked at my baby.  I had a thought or prompting go through my head that this would be the last time I would feed my baby in the peace and quiet of the night. And that I would be able to feed her with a bottle and it would be all right.   It was a beautiful peaceful moment.  I woke up the next morning, still not having enough milk to feed my baby and knowing she was hungry.  But the decision to ween her and go to a bottle was just fine.  There was that moment of mommy quilt, which is lame! but because of that prompting the night before I felt fine about it.  

I had nursed Tyler for 6 months with lots of tears and stress, I nursed Ella for 8 months with less tears and still lots of stress (because her weight was so low) and I was determined to nurse Abby for 10 months.  It was 10 months I realized.  Her weight gain was fine.  And there were never tears of the topic, but there was stress.  I really haven't ever had to change Abby's diaper because it was wet.  So for months, I knew that she wasn't getting enough liquid.  But she ate great, drank water, and was gaining weight. 

I was so excited to change my first really wet soggy diaper later that day.  She loves the bottle.  We are both so happy, and no more stress!  
(this is Abby with a bath toy on her head that makes her look like a Lego Friends girl... says Ella)

 Tyler still loves to read.  Ella is becoming a more smooth reader.  I love it! and Abby loves to look at books all the time.  She does what she sees!
Ella still does craft projects all the time.  She had all this stuff out and organized to have us write each other love notes the other day.  

The weather has been so beautiful.  We have been out for some nice walks and played out side a bunch. 






Ella is such a nice little mommy sister.  Look at her face expression as she holds Abby.  Abby is heavy, and Ella is trying so hard to hold her still so she can play with the light switch.  She always is trying to make Abby happy!

Two weeks ago we had a casualty.  Abby tumbled down the stairs.  One of her TWO teeth was nocked out.  pretty badly.  It had ripped all the way down and through the gyms.  After talking to my cousin who is a pediatric dentist (and he viewed pictures like these), Darren came home and helped me pull the tooth out.  It was not save-able. It came out with no problem.   She now has some torn up looking gums, but is just fine.  And down to ONE tooth again!



Ella and friend Tadd dancing away at the church history museum.  


Abby.... not always so sweet, has recently discovered unrolling toilet paper QUICKLY, and emptying the cupboards QUICKLY!  We are waiting and hoping to avoid the splashing in the toilet.  She pulls her self up on everything and tries to balance for that split second before she tumbles over.  




2 comments:

Rachel said...

:)

Corie said...

Loved this post! You are so great to nurse your babies for so long, even though it was stressful. You are a good mom. I'm also glad that Abby is filling those diapers now! :) Loved all of the pictures of your cute little ones. They are all so special and great in their own ways.