Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas and New Years 2013


We had such a relaxing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  This year we spent that time in Logan with Pat and Seth.  It was just our little family and them. Thats were the relaxing and peace and quiet come in.  We didn't run anywhere, or have too much craziness.  It was nice one on one time with our kids.  
We did go for a walk each day.  It was sunny and nice.  We had good food and plenty of new presents to keep us busy.  Off course Abby's favorite gift was the shiny noisy wrapping paper.  But the kids loved their presents.  And they loved watching each other open the gifts they had picked out.  




We had one night of ski racing.  Sundance Ski racing series.  Both kids did great.  Tyler has a really hard competition field.  Ellas field wasn't as tough.  She got 1st place in her division.  Abby was passed out sleeping most of it.  I raced too because it was cheaper to race then to buy a lift ticket and ski with the kids.  I got second place in my division.  It was fun!

We did spend an evening with my Grandma Elaine and my Aunt Linda.  We sang songs, accompanied by Tyler.  It was one of those special moments as my son got to sit and talk in Spanish to his Great Grandma.  My Grandparents and Linda traveled all around the world in their younger days and my Grandma speaks fluently in Spanish.  I sat and enjoyed that moment.  Listening and proud of my son.  
We did spend some time with my family too.  I absolutely enjoyed it.  We all just sat around and visited and ate good food.  My mom was amazing and helped all the kids put on skits.  



I love these quiet moments when I see Darren spending good time with his kids.  I feel sad sometimes that he has to go to work all the time and miss out on things.  So I guess I just need to work on helping him have the quality time when he is at home.  

Then New Years Eve rolled around.  I guess I am old (tired) and boring.  (I had had a sick kid for several days and was feeling quiet worn out.  My sister Jenny was in town and took my two older kids to a fun dance party.  Darren and I stayed home and I ironed for a  little bit while he looked at... things on the computer... All the while talking and enjoying some peaceful time.  The kids came home at 11:00.  The girls all went to bed, but Tyler and Isaac wanted to stay up and watch the ball drop.  So we did!  I haven't made it too midnight for a lot of years.  I kissed Darren and went to bed.  I do love to sleep!  so heres to a new year.  There may be some changes in our life this year, so I will prepare for them, and go with it.  Change and growing is hard, but necessary.


1 comment:

Corie said...

I love all of these pictures, especially the one of Abby passed out asleep in her snowsuit! I hope you guys enjoyed your Christmas. It looks like you did. I hope 2014 is a good year for you... even with all of the changes.