Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, January 3, 2014

Kid updates... finishing up 2013 and rolling in 2014

Some of my goals for 2014 are:
1.  to try to continue to ski every week like we have for 4 years with my kids.  They are great skiers.  I love it!  

2.  I want them to do some rock climbing.  Last summer I wasn't in a place to take them climbing but this year I hope to be out more.  

3.  My goal is also to have them get out of the house more.  We have been out for a bike ride the last two days.  and actually several times over the holidays.  I run with Abby sometimes and Tyler and/or Ella ride their bikes with me.  I got Tyler to go 6.5 miles the other day with me.  by the end I was drag'n and he was still holding strong. But I don't want my kids to be in playing the computer, video games, building legos... those are the easy way out.  It takes a lot of effort to get out.  But I always come home happy I put in the effort.  

4.  And I want to keep getting Tyler up early to practice, then have a family breakfast together, and read scriptures before school.  We have been doing really well on this.  I just want to continue it.  My mother was such an example of this.  We read scriptures, got ready, sometimes even piano before school, and had a good breakfast almost every single day of my life.  WITH 6 KIDS!  I can be like my mom!

Abby discovered blueberries and cupboards.  
Ella and cousin Leisel.  These two will be into everything and good friends one day!


 My friend brought me over a box of clothes.  This gem was inside.  Ella had me alter it... (cut off the stuff) and now it fits her.  Gems, sparkly stuff... its amazing.   (cough, choke, gag, sputter)  The sleeves I cut off are now used as leggings for dress ups.  Oh its amazing !! (gag!!!)



 These kids are the best for Abby.  She lights up when she hears their voices. They shower her with love and attention.  Abby loves to read book probably because she sees them reading all the time.


 This cute little baby is in the 30% percentile for weight.  I couldn't be more proud.  over 17 lbs is pretty awesome.  My other kids were between 0 and 10% at this point.  She just had her first ear infection.  That was hard. and SAD!  She is sleeping better as of last night and hopefully will have less tears today.  The other day in the car she used the string cheese as a pacifier and sucked on it to go to sleep.  (time to slow down and get naps where your supposed too!!!)


1 comment:

Rachel said...

great updates! love the resolution to get kids outside and away from screens. love that your kids are readers. love that you have them racing and you too! love that you are embracing change :) it will be good.