Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Things that make me happy

I have a lot of good people in my life.  Gina, Kristen and I have lunch frequently together.  This time after lunch we went for a quick hike (with Abby strapped on the front) up to Bells Reservoir.  Lunch was delicious, the chance to talk with friends (without kids around) was delightful, and going on a hike without children was priceless.  It was a much needed and welcomed lunch date.
We headed up to Flat Iron one afternoon and tried to fly our kite.  Those are the fun moments where life slows down and I just enjoy the peace and quiet. 







Ella loves to read to our neighbor Ms. LaPriel.  Ms LaPriel always has a treat for Ella after.  What kid wouldn't love that. 
Before we left for Washington was spent a fun night with our Dad.  The kids had a great time bowling with their Dad.  Tyler even beat Darrens score!


My garden makes me happy.  My yard makes me happy.  Plants, trees, flowers, produce.  I wish sometimes I lived in Washington just so I could have green everywhere!

Getting out on my bike at 6:00 in the morning makes me happy.  Exercise is good for the soul!

Abby makes me happy.  She sure throws my life into a different direction.  But I couldn't be more happy to have her in my life.  Her smiles are genuine happy smiles.  


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love my yard and garden and early morning bike rides too. those home grown strawberries are so great!