Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Couer d'Alene Idaho


 We left our kids with Jenny and we drove the short 30 minute drive to Couer d'Alene Idaho.  That is one amazing place.  We hauled up 5 bikes on this trip.  (two were the kids) Sadly... Darren only brought one.  He would have liked to ride a lot. It was beautiful country. We rode around a beautiful lake just north of Coeur d'Alene, Lake Hayden.  I need to live on a lake. I thought of Safra's lake in Wisconsin.  The homes were down on the lake with docks by their home.  Some had slides dropping into the lake.  Does anyone want to rent a home by a lake for 2 weeks with me.  I am in!
The best part of Darren being injured this trip is that he went my pace on the bike.  He had to take it easy.  I got to see this most of the ride... instead of riding it alone because I cant keep up with him.  I got to go a good easy pace and look at all the homes by the lake as I went. 

Then we stopped at the Blue Plate Diner.  I need some of these cups. Then I can make pomegranate lemonade or huckleberry lemonade and sit and drink it on my porch swing (that I don't have yet). But still it would be nice~

Then we went and checked into our hotel- The Hotel Couer d'Alene.  We had one day to relax before Darren's Savage work conference started.  
We enjoyed a dinner out, got some steamed vanilla milk and walked along the beach. 

The next day it rained all morning. I attempted to mnt bike in the downpour but gave up after 40 minutes.  I was a mess. Darren was nice and dry in the truck.  

The conference began. Here are a few highlights
-a boat ride on the lake with the sun out!

- John Denver sang to us. The guy sound amazing!
- Dinner and meals planned for us
- we did a big service project at Fergut state park 
- visiting with friends who we only see once a year
- trail running up Tubbs hill
- and having my husband with me all day for three days straight
The spouses had a break one morning. I attempted to mnt bike again.  but oh my the mud.  
I was filthy. I stopped at a carwash to clean my bike and my legs. 


Jenny brought the kids down to the lake on Friday afternoon.  Ella was so excited to see us.  She kept telling us - I love you momma, I love you daddy. 

They had a great time at the lake. We only stayed for a few minutes between our packed agenda but it was so great to see them. 

On the way home on Saturday we took it easy. We stopped in Missoula, Montana. It is beautiful country. Darren kept saying he could love anywhere there.  (or in Couer d'Alene)  We had such a nice time.  We even had a beautiful rainbow on our drive home.  
I am so glad I have Darren who makes sure we have fun in our life. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing beats being on a lake. I had the same experience in Hungary a few years ago. Am still trying to find a way to get us in to living on Waubesa!

Rachel said...

for real... John Denver sang to you?!! thats awesome.

funny leg shot.