Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, August 29, 2011

Kindergarten

Some how Darren and I have grown up a bit. At least grown older.

Today we took Tyler to Kindergarten.

He woke up on his own at 7:00, showered, got ready, ate breakfast and still had 30 minutes to kill. (if only that would continue through out the year... lets hope!)

Ella wanted to have her backpack too. She walked around with it on her back all morning. She will miss her brother.
This face expression below says a lot. He was so excited. He didn't wear any of his new clothes, he wanted to wear his favorite comfortable clothes.
On a sentimental note. I am one for schedules. I love things planned out. As Darren and I walked back to our car after dropping Tyler off- we only had Ella with us. All that family planning was for nothing. I had planned on having a third member of our family when Tyler went to school. I even had it planned out that our fourth baby would come when Tyler was in first or second grade. My journal has a yearly map started way back in 2008 that shows how old Ella and Tyler would be when baby number 3 and 4 came along. So much for planning! I guess it was fun to think about:)

Needless to say- I was happy to walk away from school with a healthy girl & knowing my healthy boy was going to have a great day at school.

(we did go get some pretty yummy doughnuts after school to celebrate!)

4 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

congrats, lady. you are such an awesome mom - it shows on the faces of your sweet kiddos. hope you guys are well.

Lindsay said...

The first day of school is such a big deal, Especially a kid's FIRST first day. What a milestone! Your kids are so cute Amy, I really wish Eden and Ella could play now that their older siblings are at school!

Unknown said...

In Judaism we have a saying, "If you want to make God laugh, make plans".

rowena said...

I like safra's cOmment. Sorry things aren't going the way you wanted Amy. Just think how much Ella will get from one on one for a bit longer. There was four year gap between Ben and I. They were trying but mum was too stressed working night duty as a nurse. Then she quit and fell pregnant. Mum and I have a really good friendship/bond that started in those early years when it was just she and I all day. Who knows what is in store for you.... Buy just a few years in the whole scheme of things might not be too big of a deal. ( secretly I am happy because you might have young ones while we do)