Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Camping trip of 2011- City of Rocks, Idaho

We got to go on our first camping trip. If you haven't been to City of Rocks you are missing out. I know I went as a kid and loved playing on the rocks. We stayed two nights. Perfect weather. (don't go in july and aug. It is way to hot)

The kids were great campers. And played for hours on the gazillion rocks everywhere.
Darren played with the kids a lot. He went for a nice mountain bike ride too. We ate good food and loved it!

I met up with the Utah Climbing Club on Friday and Saturday and climbed some great stuff. This is in Castle Rock right next to City of Rocks. It is a 5 pitch climb to the top of this tower. Easy fun climb.
The fun thing about climbing on Granite is that your shoes just stick to the rock. So you have to trust your feet and move up the mountain.
I got to climb with a pretty good climber and got to climb a few 10a's. I loved it. and have bruises and scrapes to show that I am not a great climber!
So look it up. City of Rocks in Idaho. Fantastic.

No comments: