Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Warning!!!

Do not continue reading if you are feeling tired and overwhelmed with life. This will only increase those feelings. But if you love your children, your spouse, your job, your life... 99% of the time, then read on. No problem.

So I was feeling a bit overwhelmed the last few weeks. I think I was just tired, and not feeling like I was ever getting anything done. Ella hasn't been sleeping well and Darren was working a lot, oh and we are both training for a triathlon in September so that leaves no time for down time.

I expressed with tears and sobs my feelings to Darren last week.

Monday the 10th, He casual says so you want to go camping this weekend. I say sure, thinking we will be headed up to Ogden or something. Tuesday night he says so you still want to go camping . I say sure, he says, great, we are leaving tomorrow.

Of course first I was unbelieving but then with tears and happy excitement we packed up our bikes and I threw some food in a box and cooler. He had arranged babysitters for the 5 days. Pretty impressive. We got some sleep and took off on our weekend getaway on Wed morning.

We stopped in Moab for the night. We did some biking. It was only low 80's in Moab in August... amazing! We camped and had some good camping food. We left the next morning for the real get away.

It is now Saturday night and we are headed home tomorrow morning. Needless to say, I am eager to see my kids but have enjoyed every single SECOND here.

This place compares only in amazingness as El Chalten/Bariloche (Patagonia), Argentina. I will just call this amazing place "Heaven". I will post pictures of "Heaven" when I get home. I think everyone has their own heaven and Darren and I found an amazing place here in Colorado that we hope our heaven looks like.

Stay tuned for details and pictures of "Heaven".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) :) :) :) :) Thank goodness!

k8theriver said...

with that warning sign i was expecting you to say, "i was feeling over-whelmed and then i found out i was pregnant." but it wasn't depressing. it was up-lifting. unless one is over-whelmed with no hopes of their husband surprising them with a trip. nice job, dalls! can't wait to see pictures.

Tina said...

Wow!!! I think Darren gets major hubby points for that one. Can he please have a little chat with Brian? :)

Corie said...

Hooray! Glad you guys had a fun time. You should make it a yearly tradition to go on a getaway... we'd love to stay with your kids again!