Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, March 31, 2008

It's past my bedtime...

I am going to try to get to bed between 9 and 9:30 for the next couple of weeks, I really am a happier person on more sleep... but I thought I should at least give a few details of what went down last Thursday.

My water broke at 3am and my mom came over to stay with Tyler. I got an epideral and some pitosin and had Ella by 1:00 pm. She latched right on- which is so much different than Tyler and has been eating pretty well for the last four days. I quickly ate some food right after and threw it up right away. Best to wait a little while next time- but I was so hungry. Anyway, The rush of events flooded and before we knew it- it is Monday night and things are getting to be some kind of calm. Thanks to my mom for taking Tyler all day, Ella and I worked on feeding all day today... I had to take her in for a bili test to see what her levels where... she is ok, but if she is still yellow on Wed, i will have to get lights and more blood work. She only spent a half day under the lights at the hospital - Unlike Tyler who spent a week and a half in the suitcase in our kitchen.

THanks for all the support and comments. I am sorry I am not calling everyone and sometimes it takes me a while just to return a phone call but I will get there. We are a happy family and I will pray for lots of patience as I think Toby is the most needy kid around here right now!!!

6 comments:

Joni said...

Poor Toby. :) Well I can't wait to see little Elle. We are practically sisters you know. Since we share the same middle name. Love you lots!

PamNoyes said...

I am glad you are doing so well! I am also glad you have family around to help! You are such a good mom!

J. Doug said...

Amy, We are ready to help--let us know how we can. We are just a hop, skip, and a jump away!
-Doug (Liz, Anne, Jane, Kate, and Baby Minnick!)

rowena said...

arrrrrh i am so happy for you amy. YOu are wonderful. good job!
can't wait to hear about the details. 10hours. that is pretty good. so happy ella is feeding well. I knew she would be fine.. you just relax now. I LOVE her name by the way. Ella Balls. sounds good - looks good.

Anonymous said...

AMY,
I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BABY GIRL. ALEX WILL BE SO EXCITED. ENJOY THIS TIME, AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP WITH ALEX!
ELIZABETH

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! she is beautiful and Ella is a perfect name!! I can't wait to meet her! Best wishes to your whole family -- esp Toby!