Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Whitney- My sister in Laws good news


I just wanted to share the good news about Darren's brother- Jason and his wife Whitney- there son's name is Jackson. This is the update - the good update- she just sent us!!! YEAH!!!

I MADE IT...again! Well my 100th day came and went on March 15th which was a huge Huge day! It was a day I have been looking forward to for a long time. Over the last two weeks I have undergone all those dreaded tests including another bone marrow biopsy..ouch...a pet scan, chest x-ray and several standard tests and exams and physicals. Tomorrow I have my big conference with my doctor to go over the pet scan and plan the rest of the future. However so far all my tests have gone well. My bone marrow biopsy came back good showing no harm to my bone marrow and no disease. They did blood work and to tell how much of Jakes cells have taken over my body and the results were great Jake's cells are 100%! This was welcome news and as I made my calls to my family it was great to hear the joy everyone had for the news. My mom sobbed for five min before she could talk.....it was great. I have joked around to my family that I feel like a mutant with a different inside than an outside....I should have gotten some kind of superpowers...like Jake's ability to make a great gourmet meal with just the contents in your pantry sadly I didn't but Jason and Cami have both made the comment that "I am back" I guess by having food cravings again and becoming a more "fiesty" as they would say. I am grateful for this new chance but still feel overwhelming anxiety that things will turn out like they did last time. But as I have said over and over I just have to live one day at a time and not think to much of the future....because as it was said a long time ago the future will take care of itself. I have officially moved back to Logan. Before we moved back though Jack went to Grandma and Grandpa Balls and Jason and took off on a trip. We went Vegas and then onto Arizona to check out some PA schools for Jason and then to St. George. It was a quick trip but it was good to get away and to be in the warmth. It was good to get away, away for the doctors away for the cold and the worries. We had a good time and most of all I ate a lot! I have been losing weight at least two pounds every doctors visit which is every week but after the trip I had gained three pounds.....needless to say it was good for me and I give most of the credit to all the Inn N' Out burger joints we visited during out trip. I am still struggling with the energy and I have some Graft vs. Host stuff going on in my mouth and on my skin. I have good meds and the doctors are on top of things so they keep me comfortable. So for now things are good...We are all home together and just enjoying and treasuring that. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and I promise the more news I get I will update!

4 comments:

k8theriver said...

awesome. i'm so happy for her.

Joni said...

Yippee!! That is great news. I hope that it just continues to get better and better.

PamNoyes said...

That is so fabulous! What a strong woman, well and family for that matter. You all are so upbeat and supportive, I am sure that is a big part of it! Yeah Whitney!

*tif* said...

Congratulations! Such happy news. Thanks for sharing. My MIL was talking to me last night she and she said "I've decided that everyone deals with crap. Everyone, even those who we look at and think their life must be perfect." She's right. It's all in how we deal with it. Whether we dwell on it or move on and try to see the good. Sometimes that's difficult, sometimes its ok to let it be a problem for a minute so we can deal with the pain. But its good to get back up on our feet and keep pressing forward.
P.S.
I'm praying for baby Ovaline to arrive soon!