Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Grandma Elaine Tucker Harston

June was a happy month.  I am sure my Grandma would agree.  She had lots of family visit her before she passed on.   I saw her art work hanging in the nursing home and found the same picture of her sitting on the bench at her home.  
My cousin Scott came in town and since I didn't want him to leave Utah without at least one adventure I took him rappelling down a waterfall.  He doesn't love heights.  Ella and Abby both brought a friend.  It was a good learning experience.  The water was too powerful for June.  We may try it again when there is a low flow.  Thanks to Scott for saving the day.  A BBQ that night with my parents was great.  Scott spent the next day by our Grandmas side.  I was glad he took a break for dinner and a quick hike to the suspension bridge.  








My Grandma died on June 12the and was buried on June 19th.  On the 12th there was a large Briggs/Harston reunion that I hope she peered in on as she headed to Heaven.  She loved family gatherings.  Scott and his family came back out for the funeral.  We took them hiking and rocking climbing.  




The night before the funeral I hosted a party so my cousins could have a place to visit.  I hope I will still see these cousins now that my Grandma is gone.  
The funeral was nice.  I do not want to be buried in the ground.  Cremate me and through my ashes in the wind.  We had a fun cousin swim party after the funeral.  Taking in all the family time possible.  

 

No comments: