Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Things to miss in Sandy


There are lots of things I will miss about Sandy.  We lived there 11 years.  We met lots of great people who shaped me to who I am today.  Here are a few things I will miss, documented with pictures.  

I will miss my yard so much.  It was beautiful to me.  I had so many plants.  It had taken me years to love my yard.  I know a new house can be great again one day.  But right now its just to overwhelming to even think about!
I really loved my calling as Cub Scout Den Leader.  I worked with two ladies who knew everything.  I helped but it wasn't me who knew it and had to do it all.  I got to do it with Tyler and he was so excited to be there.  I also got to bring Ella and Abby.  And not having to coordinate babysitters was so great!  Tyler loved the Pinewood Derby.  I am glad we have more years to master car making.  
I will miss the time when Tyler and Ella slept in the same room.  Thats like an era gone.  They have shared rooms for almost 4 years.   Tyler is excited to have his own room.  and Ella will hopefully keep loving Abby in her room.  

There were so many people I will miss seeing on a regular basis in Sandy.  So many I cant even start to write them all down because I will miss some.  But I started running with these girls.  Many years ago.  It is a hard things to find girls to run with at 5:00 or 6:00 in the morning.  Who you know will be there every morning.  You know they won't sleep in,  you know they won't bail.  They are reliable.  The best part of all of this is that they are both moving now too.  CLOSER TO ME!  I need my workout buddies! Thank you Amber and Liz!

And I don't have pictures of Kathryn or Sarah who taught me so much.  Cooking, canning, how to be a good mom.  How to have fun with your kids.  how to balance out life.  

Oh I must stop.  the list could go on!


Daren and I made lots of list. I needed these lists often.  Too look at.  To think...  WHY ARE WE DOING THIS!  Should we be doing this!?

What we want in a house.

Outside house appeal. Place to stay for 20 years
Nice kitchen
Socializing area.  Big open area.
3 car garage /bike shop area
Lots of yard for fruit trees
Cul de sac
Not too much on water
Young families. 
Fireplace that works
Cold storage
Window or room for plants
Shutters
Craft room.  Sewing machine out.
Bonus room over garage
Open ceilings in kitchen.
Bar seats 6ish
Not too recessed front porch
Unique windows
Kitchen outside /Pueblo looking outside fireplace
Love cool arched ceilings in up stairs rooms
Central vacuum
Master shower




The Pros and Cons of Moving

Pros
Change is good
Hard things are good
Build character
Low Interest rates
Have a nice house because you work hard
Enjoy Mnt more often
Investment
Away from ____
3 car garage
Corner canyon. Lifestyle.


Cons
Moving stressful on marriage/family
No baby.  But move house
Guilt of not being clean
Less time to clean.
Commuting - no walk home school
Don't go to school with neighbors
Money. Can't build up savings
More money for commuting &Bills
Work to move.
Longer mortgage
School for kids - get to know kids in neighborhood
New house expenses
What can we afford?
Bigger house - harder to keep clean

No comments: