Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April is out with a Bang!

Its pretty sad that I started this post at the beginning of May and now I am finishing it the beginning of June.  Days are so busy here I don't get everything done I wish I could.  

But here are some key events in April.  We got to meet Ang's friend Steve.  Great guy.  He is in the back on the couch.  Ang, my good friend, is happy.  Divorce is hard and she has come out on top and is happy.  She deserves a lot of happiness!
I also started a challenge with my family.  Super fun.  You get three points a day.  One for not eating treats, soda, chips.  One point for exercising at least 30 minutes a day.  This can be yard work, walking, running...etc.  And one point for eating 7 servings of fruits or vegetables each day.  The last one is the hard one.  First it took my body a few weeks to get used to all that fiber I was putting in my body.  And it took some time to realize that at each meal you had to have a fruit and/or a vegetable.  You couldn't have a bowl of cereal or a plain egg because you would be full and not get enough produce in your body.  I have drunken a lot of smoothies.  I have learned to enjoy more produce.  We planned in a few free days.  So you could miss two points a week.  So in the last few weeks I have only had 4 days when I have had sweets.  IT IS POSSIBLE!!! and it feels good.  It feels good to eat healthy.  I believe it is a life style.  Its a healthy choice.  

This week my moms cousin died of type two diabetes.  She was younger than my mom.  It is sad to see life not taken care of when it is a preventable disease, a curable disease.  To see all the sad people who are mourning the loss of their friend/cousin is sad.  So I appreciate this challenge to force me to make healthy choices and put away the treats.  It was't too bad.  

I also took a weekend away to run a race down in Zions.  The race actually got cancelled half way through because the rain made the trails so dangerous and muddy.  Then the snow settled in and tents were collapsing on people and people couldn't see the trail markers of where to run anymore.  So I can say I have done my Ragnar race and I am finished with it.  It was fun. My headlamp batteries pretty much died on my 8 mile leg which happened to be in the middle of the night and I had to run about 6 miles in the dark.  It was a bad time.  One I don't even like to think about.  


No comments: