Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Great Grandma's Birthday Weekend


My Grandma and Grandpa Harston helped fund and make a family reunion happen every two years growing up.  It was great.  We would travel to a different place in the US every two years.  I always looked forward to those trips.  This year my Grandma Elaine turned 90 year so my parents planned a big party in her honor.  My dear cousin Scott came in town from St Louis with his daughter.  Scotts wife Faith is one of those kindred spirits I am glad crossed my life, even if I don't see her often.  Her daughter Monroe reminds me so much of her.  


During that busy weekend that Scott and Monroe were here, My sister candace took my kids and her's to Pocatello to see my nephew get baptized.  So Monroe didn't have anyone to play with but Abby.  She was a fantastic babysitter.  Darren borrowed a tractor from our neighbor.  He smoothed out my garden and didn't kill any of my fruit trees.




Then when my kids came home we enjoyed a great birthday celebration.  There were so many people there to celebrate my Grandma.  My Grandma said a lot of good things.  I wrote this down.... Life's an adventure.  Just go a head and be happy.  There's certainly a lot to be happy about.



My mom is a master entertainer.  She kept so many little kids happy.  Putting on skits and plays.  And including everyone.  

Heres to a fun weekend.  










1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh, those are great photos. I'm so glad you shared with me. thank you!