Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, May 9, 2014

The day finally arrived

Time is up.  Its time to go.  Pat and Seth came down for 4 days to help.  Pat and I packed up the kitchen.  That was a big project!  So grateful for the help. 

 I lost a lot of sleep over my fruit trees and flowers and plants.  I wanted to take them.  The new owners didn't want all the fruit trees.  I  just wish I could have dug up so many more plants.  But oh well!  With the combined effort of my parents, Darren's parents and my little family we got 5 bushes planted and 5 trees moved over and planted at the new house.  

This one was one of those projects that my husband just has to tell himself he loves me, he loves me, he loves me.  If he says it enough times he won't hate every minute of moving my precious plants over to a house we don't even own yet! I was so grateful!

 We went to church and people were still just finding out that we were moving... the next day.  We never put a for sale sign so it was a surprise to many people.  We had so many people come help us.  It was amazing.  People would stop in to help for an hour or two... and it always seemed just when we were dragging.  When we were exhausted and needed a fresh back!  some fresh energy!
 Darren saying "Mon' Back"... because its a joke we say all the time, but he really was doing it for real!
Nolan, Darrens brother came to help.  I laughed really hard at these photos.  



And one of the last things we shoved into the U-haul.  The log house.  Poor Ang was stuck inside on the phone.  But don't worry, she can manage getting out even while on the phone.  





As we loaded up the last load.  The Third big U-haul load. What a relief.  We were all so tired.  But we all had mattresses to sleep on.  Abby had her crib up and ready.  We found our toothbrushes.  WE didn't find the extra toilet paper until the next day.  



I even had great friends who took my kids for two days so we could just pack and unpack and move with the truck.  It was amazing!



This picture was beautiful.  I knew it wouldn't work but It has a memory.  Darren and I finally laying down on a mattress up stairs.  It was pouring rain then.  (we were so grateful it hadn't rained while we were trying to move!!!) and the temple was glowing outside our window.  We are so grateful to be here in this town.  We will love it!










1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh, it is a beautiful photo when we know the story. I do some like that sometimes. your friend Ang is skilled! I'm glad you had so much good help from your friends and family. it does look like a big job.