Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Rest of Thanksgiving Weekend

We had the most wonderful feast for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I love food.  I love food a lot!
Darren learned how to brine a turkey this year.  It was so moist. Pat found THE MOST amazing stuffing recipe in the world.  I put it below so I would never loose it.  Corie brought Lion House Rolls and pies bigger than my head! 

Everett was so ready to eat. This picture made me smile.
 After lunch we headed out for a walk and bike ride.  Good thing or I wouldn't have been able to eat any pie.  I had to make some room. There was some fun soccer playing that happened too.

Grandma and Grandpa Balls slept over.  We watched Hugo with the kids.  Then the next morning we headed up to the Clammy Cyclocross race.  It was so much fun.  My kids love to race around, like their Dad.  


(Tyler loves to take photos. I let him hold the camera and before I knew it he had over a hundred pictures taken)

Saturday we had a big cyclocross race at Wheeler Farm.  It was a great dan because Dan beat Darren.  It was awesome! These four boys have been friends for half their lives or more.  And I really like all their wives.  Score for me!

Tyler and Ella got to race in the kiddycross.  Tyler got second place.  Ella was amazing.  They cant wait for the race this weekend.  

We got our tree up and lights up too.  I was so happy when I came down Saturday morning and saw my kids reading our stack of Christmas books we got out :)
All in all... it was a wonderful weekend.  I wish it could never end.  
Tyler summed it up well when he said with a sad face on Sunday night. Dad, You have to go back to work tomorrow and I have to go back to school.  ahhhhh!

Kneaders Bakery Stuffing Recipe
1/2 cup butter
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb pork sausage
2 (14 ounce) chicken broth
9 cups kneaders asiago cheese croutons
Directions:

Place croutons in large bowl.
Brown celery and onion in butter, add pepper and chicken broth.
In another skillet brown sausage.
Pour vegetable mixture and sausage over croutons.
If the mixture is not wet enough add ¼ to ½ cup of water or chicken broth.
Cover and bake at 375° for 25 to 35 minutes.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/kneaders-to-die-for-stuffing-188209?oc=linkback

No comments: