Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer summer summer

Tyler loves little kids.  We had some friends over one day and he told me he was in charge of babysitting Penny.  And he did a great job.  He got her toys. and helped her be happy.  When Penny was just learning to walk, Tyler would walk and walk with her as she held his fingers.  
We have done a few more hikes this summer.  I think I should post my hike list.  It is a great list of all the kid friendly hikes in the valley we have done so far.  Julie is having a baby in 3 weeks so we finally only got a few hikes in this summer.  We even went on  hike up to Lake Solitude and I made the group bush wack through weeks to look for Ang's lost ski.  It was in this spot she crashed and the ski took off this last winter.  We didn't find it  :(

Tyler and Ella are great buddies (most of the time).  
I love them! (all of the time)

This picture is hanging at the church museum downtown.  I have searched the web, because I would love to buy a copy of this picture.  This is the mother I want to be.  I need to slow down and make memories, not make beds, take out trash, run from one thing to another.  


We got a free slurpee on 7-11.  My poor kids didn't know what a slurpee was.  
They loved it!

We are taking swim lessons.  Tyler loves learning his hard stuff.  I am so proud of him in the deep end.  
Ella is finally starting to swim.  My big girl!

We were in a parade for the days of '47 youth parade.  


Summer has been a blast and isn't over yet!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

that is a very cool painting of the mom and daughter. it would look nice in your house :)

k8theriver said...

You need to invite us on your hikes next year. And where did you get their water packs? Fred wants one for his birthday.
Amy, you are one of the best moms I know. Seriously.