Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas Holiday

What a week for snow around here. Most of my friends either don't live around me, don't ski or have a job... so I couldn't find anyone to go up with during the amazing snow days. Thanks to my sister and my parents, Darren and I went up the 24th morning and skied a wonderful half day alone. They opened up Honeycomb Canyon just as we went up a run, and so we had three runs of blissful powder... floating on feet and feet of fresh powder. It is magical!

Then my parents brought up the kids and skied with us the rest of the day. Ella didn't fall asleep this time which was REALLY nice!
Christmas Eve night we had both sets of Grandparents over. A simple dinner with wonderful desserts. Followed by a great puppet show about Jesus being born. A few songs were song and Tyler preformed a few songs on the piano. Then we headed over to our church for the Neighborhood Christmas Eve devotional.
Christmas morning found us bright and early. 7:30 I guess isn't too early! Pat and Seth joined us for the festivities. It was a wonderful Christmas morning. Ella got a few more princess items and was as happy as could be.
Grandma Balls made my kitchen helpers aprons just for them. We have already used them.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing, talking two walks, visiting my parents at their house to open socks and a few more presents. Then to finish off the night we went to my Grandma Elaine's house. The kids love Aunt Linda because she has so many fun things to share with them. My Grandma just called me a few minutes ago, just to tell me how much she was like Ella when she was young. She was active, excited, full of joy, bouncing... I asked her for some advice of how to be the best parent to her and my Grandma said, take your vitamins, just take your vitamins!


4 comments:

pat balls said...

Thanks for letting us come down. It was really fun being around kids at Christmas time. Tyler was so thoughtful finding Ella's present from him before he opened any of Santa's presents. The food was good and the company also. Thanks again.

The Crofts family said...

looks like you guys are getting a ton of snow up north! I would have loved to have gone skiing with you on that awesome powder day, maybe I will have to come up and we can hit the slops when I recover from having little Chase:) Have a happy new year!

Tina said...

Grandmother Harston cracks me up. She is still so witty.

Sounds like a great Christmas!

Clark Family said...

Love that Ella...and Great-Grandma!!!!