Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting Older

I turned 31 on Friday. It was a great birthday. Yet it was so different than any other birthday I have ever had.

This birthday was quite, not too many people and just for me! Darren and Tyler "surprised" me with breakfast. We did put candles in the omelet and it was good! I met Darren for lunch with the kids. Then the kids and I went to Provo to rock climb with my friend Ang. The kids loved it... and so did I. We try to go every week, so they are finally getting better behaving there (which makes for a more enjoyable experience).

Then the rest of the evening just fell into place. I was so grateful! We had to go to a work party in Alpine. The kids got to play with my cousin Kimi and Carlee. They loved it! But the best part was putting my kids to bed at home, and having them wish me a happy birthday all day.

Then Saturday Darren took me on a date. Mexican food at the fish taco place - No I didn't try the fish tacos, just Darren did. Then he told me he got tickets for some movie... "The Tourists" or something like that. I tried not to be too disappointed. But Darren said I failed miserably! I couldn't tell if he was serious- I kept saying, are you serious, you didn't get tickets for Narnia, the Dawn Treader?

He finally told the truth, He did have tickets for Narnia! THANK GOODNESS! I have been so excited to see it!

Does it mean I am getting old when I like quite peaceful birthdays with my little family!?

5 comments:

Joni said...

Amy! I've been meaning to send you a happy birthday email all week. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitney B. Balls said...

Sounds like a perfect Birthday celebration. I think quiet birthdays are the best especially because Birthdays are supposed to be a day out of the usual and with kids and life it is usually loud and chaotic so quiet is just what you needed!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Cousin! You are one fine 31 year old!!!

Lindsay said...

I think wanting a quiet birthday doesn't mean you're getting older...just wiser. :) Happy Birthday Amy!! Oh, and I heard The Tourist wasn't very good...yay for Narnia!

Jenny Allen said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!Your husband is a punk.