Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A typical Saturday

Ok- this is totally not a typical Saturday but it has been a very fun one.

We all woke up early. Darren took the kids with him to do a company marathon race. Each person had to run 5.2+ miles in a loop. They took turns passing off the baton and the next person went out to run 5.2 miles. And at the end they had run a full marathon.
I thought it was a great idea.

They had a kid race too.

TYLERS FIRST RACE!!!

Tyler ran a whole mile without stopping. He got his own medal. Super proud of him.

I wish I could have been there. BUT...
I just decided to go do a triathlon. I have been thinking about it. It is the same one I did last year. It was just me. No one cheering me on (well ironically my neighbor happened to be there too) but it was nice and peaceful. I improved my time by over 4 minutes from last year. (last year I trained like crazy, and was nervous too). I am grateful I have been able to just have fun exercising all summer. Sometimes knowing you have to train is a bit stressful for me!

So we came home with 3 medals and 4 tired people.

5 comments:

Joni said...

You trip looked AMAZING! I COULD NOT, I repeat, NOT done that scary drive. Whew! It makes me sick thinking about it. Anyway you guys are awesome. Nice job on the triathlon....someday maybe I'll give it a try.

Kate said...

You guys amaze me! Also. I would not have been able to make that drive. I would have been way too panicked!

Corie said...

Actually, that does sound like a pretty typical Saturday for your family. You guys are definitely do'ers, as you said!! Never stopping! Congratulations on finishing your triathlon, and congratulations to Tyler, too!

pat balls said...

WAY TO GO TYLER! You did a very good job. Too bad your dad couldn't keep up with you.

Jenny Allen said...

I'm proud of you and your fam with all the races. Race atmospheres are so energized adn fun. I'm glad you felt good about your triathalon. Four minutes is a big deal!