Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cleaning my washing machine

Yesterday I cleaned my washing machine.

why??

I just paid to have it fixed and when the man took it apart it was beyond gross to see how dirty the inside part of the machine was. Oh my- I tried scrubbing and only made a dent in the process before he had to put it back together.

He told me to do a little cleaning thing every 6 months and my clothes will get a whole lot cleaner.

He said-

1. Turn the water to as hot as it can go. Fill up the machine.

2. Add in 1 Galloon of vinegar.

3. Fill up the machine more by hand with hot hot water. Until you get to the top, but not to high or it will over flow!!! (like mine did--- when I started to spin it the water went sloshing out the inside)

4. Let it go through the wash cycle. Then stop it before it drains. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes. Then put it to the spin cycle to turn some more.

5. After all the water has spun out. Whip down the inside of machine

My machine was gross, and I am sure only loosened the grim!



Here is a website I found about it
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/397607/how_to_clean_your_toploading_washing.html?cat=6

2 comments:

Corie said...

Thanks for the post! The thought has never even crossed my mind to clean my washing machine, but now I think I'll try it.

.::still blinking::. said...

I know I need to do this. But am so scared of the crabs that are surely living in there.