Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, July 30, 2010

To good friends... all over the world!

Growing up we moved all over the world, traveled all over the world,
and met people all over the world.
As a kid- I am sure this was hard. But when I hit about 16/17 years old, I realized it wasn't necessarily good bye when I moved.

I have since traveled more and met more people, catching up with old friends as I go. Isn't it great when you can get together when someone ... who you haven't seen for years... and you can still talk, feel comfortable, and give a big hug to when you leave.


A good friend is moving. Sure I will cry a few more tears- and wish she was around BUT I am grateful I know she will be coming back to Utah at least every summer!

(Also, she will be living very close to two sisters so hopefully
I can get up to visit them one of these days.)


Neti taught me many things-

to name a few:
Argentines eat good food and know how to cook
Gnocchis are hard to make but really good to eat
Empanadas are A-mazing!
It is good to just sit and visit sometimes, stop, enjoy a few minutes
Try new things like a triathlon, half marathon--- and do it with a friend!
My kids need to learn Spanish
You can enjoy life even if your budget isn't huge
and
I still need to go to a SLC Real soccer game!

Thanks Neti- It has been grand.
But this isn't good bye, just I'll see you later alligator!
or according to Neti...
"smell ya later!"

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh, Amy, I love how the first three things you said she taught you are about FOOD! :) Haha. Yes, you are a good friend to many, and I have always admired how well you stay in touch with your friends far and wide.

Lindsay said...

I love how when we get together we can talk just like there was never years in between. It's pretty cool. :)