Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Seattle!... a mom vacation

I went a way! It was great! Why was it great??? Let me tell you

I went to Seattle to visit my sister Rachel who just had a new baby. So yes, I did help her. I took her dog for walks, I filled her freezer with food, and cleaned/organized her house a bit. So it was a bit of work- but I didnt' mind even a bit.

Look what I got to eat! I have been dying to go to the Public Market in downtown Seattle for years. I couldn't decide so I got both of these. WOW~
Rachel had her baby Ely and Candace had her baby Tessa. I had... no body! I had my running shoes, my iPod, a nice quite couch, my own schedule, my own agenda, nice cool weather- and just plain old relax time for 4 days. I didn't have to be anywhere, or go anywhere. I woke up and went to sleep when I wanted to. I got to make food I love, and eat it first! I didn't have to serve any kids first.
Did I love my vacation?
Oh yes, fantastic!
Thanks Darren for taking care of the kids for me (well, thanks Renee and Kaitlin too!)
I will do it again but may not for a year!
(this is Jolene--- we all got in the car to drive downtown to the market and she was not happy- she quickly jumped in the front seat, begging to go with us!)
Thanks Rob for putting up with a full house for 4 days!

3 comments:

Corie said...

Oh, I am jealous!! Especially that line about cooking a meal and being able to eat it without feeding anyone else first. I swear I eat at about 8:30 every night when both kids are finally sleeping. You are such a great sister (and sister-in-law!) to help when people have babies. I'm glad you got to have a "you" trip... you deserved it!

Tina said...

Oh man! Sounds like so much fun. I'm excited for my trip to Utah for Walter's wedding kid free! I'm even going to bring a book! Hopefully I will see you there!!!

Lindsay said...

Sounds amazing, Amy! I bet it's so nice in Seattle this time of year. :) It's so beautiful there!