Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wasatch Mountain State Park

We had a great weekend. We went camping in Heber. It is a wonderful camp ground, I would recommend it to everyone. We had a nice fire, and made s'mores.

Our tent finally got quite around 11 when Ella had fully exhausted herself.

They have free fishing in a stocked pond for the little kids. Darren had to refresh his skills on how to hook the worm and casting the net.
Thankfully he didn't have to ever get a fish off a hook!

(Tyler's first worm- just a little grossed out I think)

The boy next to us was terrified of this new fishing thing his grandpa was trying to teach him.

He said- "I thought we were just trying to kill a fish but now we have to kill the worm too! I hope I don't cant anything."

Then every time he would reel the fish line in he would say, YES- I didn't catch anything!

Ella and I got to enjoy the shade, some milk and the ducks in the pond.
Tyler and Ella got to take a train ride with Darren.
(I went for a nice long bike ride in the Heber Valley).

Tyler was so excited.
There were even robbers who came and robbed the train- Tyler loved that part.


4 comments:

Joni said...

How fun. I love the pictures especially the one of Tyler fishing (the second one). Wow!

pat balls said...

At least he didn't try walking home cause he was tired of waiting for his dad. Darren did you catch any fish that day? Mabey next time you can get one. Looks like you had a good time.

PamNoyes said...

Sounds great! I would love to know where that campground is!

Rachael said...

Looks like fun. I've been up in Heber for snow tubing. It's a lot of fun. I sure do miss camping. Cannot wait until my kids will be old enough to enjoy it.