Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, October 24, 2009

We made it!

Tonight we carved pumpkins. I guess I carved the pumpkin and Tyler picked out the features on starfall.com for me.
Anyway, we made it through a week without Darren. He was in Montreal all week. I kept my life very simple while he was gone, and it wasn't too too bad. But man we sure were happy going to bed on Thursday knowing he would be home on Friday.

I visited my old roommate whose baby is at Primary Childrens born at 24 weeks. 1 pound 9 oz. alive and doing ok... today. but man I think it has been the longest 6 days of Rachael's life! We will keep praying for you Rach!
My dad had back surgery and I felt it my duty to take him some fresh yummy food almost every day. Muffins, brownies, apple crisp. And he listened to Tyler read books. Oh I should mention the candy jar was empty by the end of the week. Ella ran straight for it when we came in on Friday and looked all over wondering where that bowl of goodness was. GONE! but I think Grandma will replenish her supply.

Darren and I had a date today, riding our bikes in 45 % chance of rain weather. We had to pull over once and huddle under a tree as the hail pelted us. But most of the ride was cloudy but clear. Then I got a flat tire just as it started to rain again. LOVELY!

Happy Halloween everyone!

7 comments:

PamNoyes said...

Your face in this picture looks totally appropriate for ripping the guts out of that pumpkin. Way to go tough mama!

idon'tremembereatingcorn said...

great date...well if would have been if only it were dalls and rob together.. they would have loved. rob rides in the rain every second day out here just to get to work.. try salsa dancing next time.

Lindsay said...

That is a great picture! We still need to carve our pumpkins. It's always a fun thing to do, but I get totally grossed out by the yucky insides...maybe I'll have Dave do that part. :)
I always like reading about your fun and adventurous life!

Tina said...

Why did your dad have back surgery? Is he doing okay? I hope everything went as planned.

We still need to carve our pumpkins too. I love that your dates are so outdoorsy. So fun!

Corie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corie said...

My, you look pretty fierce digging into that pumpkin, Amy! Way to use your muscles. :) I'm glad Darren's home again and that you guys are enjoying preparations for Halloween. Also, I loved the beautiful pictures of your hike (from the last post). Fall is the best!

Clark Family said...

Mom has a candy jar!!!!!?