Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, February 1, 2009

To Die For

We went skiing with Tyler yesterday, just the free tow rope at Alta.  Tyler did great, Ella didn't want to stay in the front pack as long as we wanted her too.  Anyway, we came home starving.  I just need to share the recipe with you, because it is my very most favorite thing to cook ever.  It is pretty cheap, easy, and most important, I can make a big batch and freeze it for later.  

De De's Smothered Sweet Pork Burritoes
2.5 pounds of pork - any cut - I go to costco and buy a three back of pork roast, each roast costs about 3.50-

salt, pepper, garlic to taste
tortilla shells  
2 cans of mild green chili sauce, divided
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 15 oz black beans
1 15 oz western chili beans- not chili, but beans that have some chili sauce on them
rice
Cilantro
Cheese- I use what ever but the recipe says montery jack about 1/3 lb

toppings: salsa, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole

Preparation:
Cut pork into large cubes and place in a slow cooker with 1/3 cup water. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.  Cook High for 8 hrs or low for 4 hrs. Shred meat when done, stir in 1/2 cup green chili sauce and brown sugar.  I add the left over water back to the pork after shredded and drained to add moisture. 

Oven 350 with a 9 X13

If you warm the tortillas up they will roll easier. Put 1/2 cup green chili sauce on bottom of pan.  Then put everything on the tortilla: rice, beans mixed, pork, sprinkle with cheese, and roll.  Pour remaining sauce over and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake till warm. Covered, 25-30 minutes.  We mix the lettace, tomatoes and cilantro and drop some sour cream on top. 

YUM!

3 comments:

Corie said...

Mmmm... I guess we should've stayed! It sure smelled yummy. Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it. Also, we cooked your ham divine tonight (that you made for our freezer) and it was delicious! I think that is my favorite baby shower gift - don't tell anyone else. :) It's been so useful to have meals ready to go. Thanks, Amy!

Tina said...

That sounds so good. The sweet pork reminds me of Cafe Rio. That place is so good. Mmmmm. I'm missing Utah right now. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for the recipe Amy- We'll try it out and let you know :)