Saturday, August 31, 2024

Subway, Lady Mountain, Pinecreek

Before Tyler went on his mission he wanted to do some fun slot canyons.  We prepared for cold wetsuits but instead had mostly dry canyones.  Pinecreek was fast and dry.  We brought Grace Allen which made it all the more fun.  The kids did great.  Swimming in the Pinecreek swimming hole was fun. 







Tyler and I got up early and headed back to Zion.  We wanted to hike up Lady Mountain before the sun was hot.  I love adventure hikes.  Lots of rock scrambling, trail finding, and some exposure.  Oh, and LOTS of elevation.  Darren and Ella got a fun bike ride in before Darren had to be on a meeting.  




On our way back to Draper we stopped and did Subway.  Its been years since Darren and I did it.  We didn't take wetsuits, but could have.  I loved the swimming, but it was cold for my skinny minny girls.  The approach was tough at noon when it was over 90 degrees but we had the whole canyon to ourselves.  








We went so fast.  I was so proud of us.  We moved!  








No comments: