Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Tyler becomes a deacon- 12 years old

So when your son turns 12 years old- you take a step back and wonder " When did I get so old?"

I say to myself that I am not old enough to have a 12 year old.  But ... I have a 12 year old so I guess I am old!  Tyler got the Priesthood and can pass the sacrament now.  He enjoys Young Mens. He like sot hang out with his friends which includes girls.


We had a fun birthday party for him at Laser Quest.  The Silvermesa Spanish speaking friends battled the Draper Neighborhood friends.  Tyler wanted a crepe cake for dessert.  We loved it... not all his friends.  They toilet papered him at the party.  I guess that is a thing.  



He loves his sisters and they usually love him.  He played an incredible song in church on the piano.  If you could Hie to Kolob.  Beautiful.  He is a pretty exceptional kid!






Here is what Tyler typed on the day he got the Priesthood.

I have been looking forward to this day. I got interviewed by the bishop. He asked a lot of questions. I think that I am ready to be a deacon. This morning before church I got the Aronic priesthood. After a went and passed the sacrament. It was very scary because I didn't know where to go and who to give the water and bread to. After that I played a special musical number if you could hie to kolab. That was also very scary because it was a mission farewell and there were a lot of people there. After I played the closing song I believe en christ. Finally I went home and had a really good dinner and talked with both grandmas and grandpas. I also got lots of candy and treats.

No comments: