Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Family Dinners on Sunday minus the Parents

My parents have been gone since June.  They are living in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Mexico City. They return home in about 14 months.   They both stay very busy helping with doctor things, music things and anything that is needed!  Different siblings call every Sunday to rotate between the 6 of us.  One Sunday we were at Candace's house having a simple family dinner when we got to talk to them.  They kids were pretty excited to all be together to see Grandma and Grandpa.  How times have changed.  I used to have to call my friend Safra in Israel and pay 1$/minute to talk to her with a bad connection.  Now we can Skype and FaceTime anyone all over the world.  Internet is amazing.  

Our Sunday dinners are pretty simple now.  Last week we met at my sisters Renee's house (which is my parents house).  We laughed as we started eating and my moms bar was filled with 4 or 5 items. My mom would have had the whole counter filled with dishes.   

We love and appreciate all that my parents contribute, as parents, missionaries, grandparents, and additions to our simple meals!






No comments: