Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, November 10, 2014

Spotlight on Amy- CANNING!

well.. I have done a spotlight on everyone else and now that I can finally start to catch up on life I can document what I have been doing.  Darren and I have gone on a few dates in the last year.... kind of pathetic but its the way life is.  We went to the Melting Pot... super fun.  The food was delicious but sitting and talking for two hours was better.  We came home and enjoyed the lights in our back yard.  Thunderstorm rolling in.  Aunt Nellie and the kids played a little joke on me. Finding our pet lizard in the fridge was not awesome!  I made it out on a ride or two this summer.  And have been running quiet a bit.  I signed up for my first marathon too... oh boy!


But in general, my life has been made crazy by none other than myself since June.  Thats June, July, August, September and October.  5 months.  Fun times but Truly I over did it this year.  I had no bottled produce and now I have over 300 jars of stuff.  I was blessed this year to be given so much stuff.  Fruit, veggies, and more fruit and veggies.  So we have a winter supply of stuff.  

I learned to pressure cook things. and reuse old lids.  How to reseal bottles quickly that didn't seal.  I tried so many different new recipes.  Some of my favorites are chili sauce, spicy plum sauce (for pork roasts or to dip ritz crackers in while hiding in your pantry), the grape juice is delicious, the grape jam and plum jellies are delightful.  I love the varieties of tomato soups I have tried.  oh an the spaghetti sauces.  I tried pickle relish and pinto beans.  I have apple pie filling and 115 jars of applesauce.  Abby was my side kick in crime.  And Darren was my mopper for clean up.  

(grape juice and chocolate zucchini bread, with tomatoes in the background)            
more grape juice, and plum fruit leather cooking
The devine spicy plum sauce with some peaches and tomatoes
plums and apple pie filling


Abby saying more more applesauce

Tomato soup thats relish and lots of green apples from Pat and Seths house.  THE END!!!  Now lets hope I can put this much effort into my house.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

wow. those are beautiful pictures. when the world collapses and supermarkets close, i want to be with you! good update:) hilarious lizard