Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines and stuff...

I love to play games.  Darren doesn't love to play games.  But he plays UNO.  Therefore Ella (and Tyler) are pretty good at the game.  Ella convinced a Tadd, her friend to play with us.  
Tyler wanted to name Ella Ovaltine.  He loved to drink Ovaltine. So why not call her Ovaltine.  
Well, he has a name for this baby too.  Mulia.  
I haven't told him no way yet... but hopefully he wont be to heart broken when she isn't called Mulia!

Darren got to take off a day of work and head out skiing with his brothers, Jason and Nolan.  
They are "hard core".  They were munching on some power food (Whits pizza muffins) before they headed down this double black diamond!  They are for REAL!  (and I am laughing as I type this, I know they had fun and love to think they are hard core!)

For Christmas my dad got us a book to collect quarters.  We are getting closer and closer, but yet, oh so far away from being finished.  We started getting rolls of quarters each time we go to the bank so we can sort through them.  

I need some extra love this year for Valentines.  So instead of the 12 days till Christmas, we did the 14 days until Valentines for our Dad.  Each morning he got one or two love notes to read.  This is his collage he assembled of them all.  

The kids were so excited to do this for their Dad, I figured I would do it for them also.  So each morning they had a little Valentines treat with a love note from me.  They enjoyed reading it and it made this Valentines so much better. 

Darren asked me out on a date for Valentines.  I really enjoyed it.  Dinner was nice. but the time spent together was what I really enjoyed.  Being married is a fun thing. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

very sweet! so nice to have lots of love at your house. i really like your valentines notes :)

Steve and Jeanine said...

I'm such a valentines scrooge but I love that idea. We might have to try that next year.