Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Slowing down in January

I feel like we are enjoying life a bit more lately.  I don't want or need to do a million things.  
I have found that I don't have to multi task at everything I do.  
I can stop and spend quality time doing one thing.

One example is my kids. 
I use to feel like I needed to be cutting veggies, or making dinner etc... when it was homework time. They sit at the counter, I do my cutting, they do their homework. 
But I am more tired lately, and have realized how much better this time is when I just sit down by them and help them.  I don't have to do multi -task. 

This picture was in Ella's preschool pages. She had to read the sentence then draw a picture.  

We took a picture of Ella's drawing and set it to our favorite person... our daddy. 
The text that I typed with this picture said...

"I told Ella this book has it wrong.  Dad's mop. Not moms.  She said she saw me mop once:) 
I love you Darren Balls"

My sweet husband who knows I don't mop, (that's his special job every week) wrote back and said...
"I dont know if she was alive when it happened. Maybe she saw it from heaven..."

Its true- I did mop once.  It was a great experience.  And sometimes you only get to have those great experiences once!
 
Tyler still enjoys his Saturday breakfasts.  I wish this was a better picture, because he EXHALED this breakfast.  His lips are covered in chocolate.  Waffles+Strawberries+chocolate= love for him

We did have a fun day the other day with cousins, 
Grace, Isaac, Ella, Beth and Miles (Ruth and Aubrey were sleeping, Tyler was at school)
Jenny, Eric, Renee and Ben went skiing. I watched the kids. 
It was a great day because I did it.  Things went well.  
7 kids and it was ok. I didn't get much done, but we had a great day!



1 comment:

Clark Family said...

On Saturday Tessa got out the mop from the pantry, but didn't know what to call it. She was playing with Beth and said "This is daddy's thing." ...It's the same way at our house...